1. Once you let minecraft update to 1.8 close your minecraft.
2. Start up your minecraft and wait until you get to the screen that has the play button on it.
3. To the left of the play button there will be somethings that say "Profile: your ign" look under it and there's 2 buttons New Profile and Edit Profile click the Edit one.
4. A screen will pop up after you click it. Now look for something that says Use Version click the box with the minecraft version and search for 1.7.10.
5. Now you just have to click Save Profile at the bottom
6. That is it all you have to do is click Play and now you can enjoy playing on old servers in 1.7.10.
When the server actually does go to 1.8 just repeat steps 3-5 but instead look for 1.8, save and click play and you'll be able to play 1.8.
Now it was said that 1.8 is coming out on the 2nd of
September, but i am not entirely sure if they have changed the date of
The server will not be updating to 1.8 until bukkit release a server update.
Server updates are totally different then single player updates.
Thanks in advance and thanks to InTheShadows for writing this for everyone.